Wednesday 26 April 2023

AGM, challenge and tea

 Today was our last meeting of the term, and we had our AGM. Maggie and Isabel are standing down after doing their stint of sterling work as Secretary and Chair, and are replaced by Allyson Angus as Secretary and Nancy Craig as Chair. Meg Woomble is now Vice Chair. Minutes will be sent out in due course.

The challenge this year was 'My Favourite Place', and members brought along a diverse selection of themed work, which was won by Linda Walker with a gorgeous collage textile made of flotsam and jetsam. I must have had a senior moment as I forgot to take any photos (sorry, ladies!) - must be my age 😬.

We had a super spread of sandwiches, cakes, strawberries, cookies and birthday cake (my landmark one, hence the senior moment 😄🎂).

Hope everyone has a lovely summer, and look forward to meeting again in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment